The Foundation’s Health and Social Services grants are made through our IMPACT program, which supports organizations that:
- Increase Medicaid/LACHIP, Medicare, or Affordable Care Act Marketplace enrollment for low-income, disabled, and older adult individuals.
- Advocate for equal access to quality primary care, behavioral health, and preventive healthcare for all.
- Use health education and outreach to increase health literacy, health awareness, and individual use of healthcare services.
- Provide high quality and well-coordinated social services related to: crisis management and treatment, intake assessment and screening, early intervention, pre-vocational and employment skills training, job development and career planning, job retention, and career advancement.
- Improve communication, coordination, and collaboration between social service organizations so that individuals and families can be provided with comprehensive, wrap-around services.
New Orleans Works (NOW)
NOW works with both employers and the workforce education and training community to ensure that New Orleans residents are qualified for tomorrow’s careers. NOW is committed to filling more than jobs. Its goal is to create an environment with opportunities for higher wages, better benefits, and career advancement for the New Orleans workforce.
As in other program areas, the Foundation supports investments in organizational capacity-building among nonprofits working in the field of health and human services.