(October 12, 2015 | New Orleans, LA) St. Bernard, LA – An awards ceremony will be held at the law offices of Sidney D. Torres III on October 12, 2015 at 10:00am to honor ten nonprofit organizations serving the St. Bernard and Algiers areas that have been awarded grants totaling $58,070 to support programs in the community.
The following nonprofit organizations received grants:
- Algiers Community Foundation: Introduction to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Bike St. Bernard: Bike Safety Programming for St. Bernard Parish Youth
- Delgado Community College: Expansion of STEM Academy at Delgado West Bank Campus in Algiers
- Louisiana Institute of Higher Education, Inc.: Battle of New Orleans Historical Symposium
- New Orleans Film Society: New Orleans Film Festival
- Nunez Community College: History Lecture Series
- St. Bernard Battered Women’s Program, Inc.: Domestic Violence Residential Capacity Building
- St. Bernard Kiwanis Foundation Inc.: Kiwanis Youth Services Programs
- St. Bernard Volunteers for Family and Community: Support for nonprofits serving St. Bernard and provision of scholarships for St. Bernard students
- St. Bernard Wetlands Foundation, Inc.: St. Bernard Wetlands Foundation Tree Project
The ExxonMobil – Greater New Orleans Foundation Fund grants funding to improve the quality of life for people in the Algiers and St. Bernard Parish areas. The geographic funding is limited to St. Bernard Parish and parts of Orleans Parish. An advisory committee of business and civic leaders meets annually with the Greater New Orleans Foundation to review and award grants.
“We are happy to provide support to some wonderful organizations that are supporting St. Bernard Parish and the West Bank,” said Patrick Trahan, Manager of Public and Government Affairs at Chalmette Refining, LLC. They range from organizations that have proven their worth over the years to some seeking to begin new parish traditions.
For more information on the Exxon Mobil Fund administered at the Greater New Orleans Foundation, visit dev.gnof.org.