This workshop is currently full, please email Rachel Swan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be placed on the notification list should space become available or for a future session.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s Organizational Effectiveness (OE) Initiative is partnering with the Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO) to present an Evaluating the Executive Director workshop.
This session is designed for board members, executive directors, and senior staff who are interested in deepening their understanding of nonprofit governance and better aligning the work of the board to heighten board engagement and maximize its impact.
Participants are encouraged to bring their bylaws, governance handbook, and recent board meeting agendas for reference during the series.
In this session, we’ll explore why executive director evaluations are such a critical aspect of board work, and how this practice not only fulfills a governance responsibility, but benefits the executive director, the board, and the staff. Specifically, we’ll cover:
- The key elements of an ED evaluation process: the specific performance dimensions to be evaluated, desired results, and the process itself.
- We’ll review how to structure the process, an outline of each step, and provide guidance on how to successfully coordinate the work along the way
- How to prepare for the evaluation meeting and ensure that it is a satisfying and productive experience.
- We’ll also discuss the specific considerations for evaluating new and first time executive directors.
- Participants will be provided with evaluation templates to customize for their own unique needs.
- Understand how executive director evaluations fulfill a key governance responsibility.
- Understand the steps involved in the evaluation process.
- Have identified the next steps to create or improve your own practice.
The session will be held on Wednesday, August 30th from 9:00am-12noon at the Center for Philanthropy (919 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130). The workshop is free, but registration is required. Please click here to register.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to Rachel Swan at email@example.com or 504.598.4663.
About our Presenter:
Kay M. Irby, Director of LANO North, has been the face of LANO, Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations, in Shreveport for the last eleven years, where she has served as Director of the association’s regional office and chief liaison to nonprofits in need of organizational development and training. This past summer she and her husband moved to Baton Rouge where she is continuing her work for LANO as the Director of Organizational Development. She has been a consultant and coach for nonprofit boards all over the state of Louisiana. Her training specialties include Board Governance, Succession Planning, and an array of Nonprofit Basics. The Community Leaders program that she pioneered has trained hundreds of young professionals in nonprofit board service and has placed these young leaders on boards throughout the state. Kay has presented at conferences around the state and most recently for Board Source.