The Greater New Orleans Foundation is leading fundraising efforts to support a network of voluntary and community organizations active in disasters.
Though our Disaster Response and Restoration Fund we are able to provide grants to nonprofits for immediate relief as well as to support long-term efforts for community recovery. During the COVID-19 crisis response, the Foundation will continue to prioritizing grantmaking to nonprofit organizations working directly with the most vulnerable in our community impacted by this crisis – the elderly, homeless, and low-wage workers.
Resources for Nonprofits
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is helping nonprofits in our region respond and prepare for the disruptions the coronavirus pandemic is causing for our clients, customers, staff, and operations. We are continuing our response and support of nonprofits by providing free virtual town halls, webinars, and resources on the most critical topics to help nonprofits in our region respond to the public health threats and the associated operational disruptions that will continue to result from this pandemic.
- Nonprofit Essentials for Preparing for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- On June 8th, 2020, the Greater New Orleans Foundation released a study, The State of Nonprofits in Southeast Louisiana: The Impact of COVID-19. GNOF commissioned the research by the University of New Orleans Political Science Department (UNO) as a part of its comprehensive response effort to help nonprofits, philanthropy, and civic organizations better understand the impact the pandemic has had on the critical nonprofit sector. Click here to see the findings and recommended action for nonprofits and philanthropy.
- If you are a nonprofit organization and would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GNO, Inc. CARES Act Binder – Get detailed information about the CARES Act and Payroll Protection Program
- National Council of Nonprofits – Initial Analysis of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Small Business Administration – Paycheck Protection Program Application Form
- Small Business Administration – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Paycheck Protection Program
- National Council of Nonprofits – Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act