Check back soon for our 2018 Learning Calendar!
The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s Organizational Effectiveness (OE) Initiative is thrilled to open registration for the second round of our popular Board Governance series from November 2017-March 2018. Designed for board members, executive directors, and senior staff who are interested in deepening their understanding of nonprofit governance and better aligning the work of the board, the series heightens board engagement and maximizes impact. Past attendee, Keith H. Liederman, Ph.D., the Chief Executive Officer of Kingsley House, Inc. shares:
“The Board Governance Series not only gave me, our COO and board president an opportunity to learn new effective and efficient practices to enhance our governance and leadership, but also provided a space for us to learn from our nonprofit peers and apply that learning in real-time.”
Registration for the Board Governance Series is currently closed. Please email Rachel Swan to be placed on the notification list for a future session.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation Organizational Initiative is partnering with VIA LINK for a series of nonprofit forums to learn more about their Community Resource Directory. VIA LINK is the home to 211 and the most comprehensive database of resources and services in the state. This is an invaluable information and referral resource for nonprofits. Click here to learn more and register for one of the forums: Friday, October 13, 2017; Wednesday, January 17, 2018; and Thursday, April 19, 2018.
Cohort Learning Activities
- Executive Director Intensive – training for Executive Directors who have served for more than three years, with a strong focus on Sustainability-Linking Strategy and Finance and Leadership and Management.
- Executive Director Intensive 2018 will take place from January 24-26, 2018. Click here to learn more and apply.
- Emerging Leaders – a leadership development program with a multicultural framework for nonprofit managers working in southeast Louisiana nonprofit human service organizations.
- Applications for Emerging Leaders 2017 are currently closed. Please email Rachel Swan to be placed on the notification list for a future session.
- Executive Director Fundamentals: Setting Up for Success – exclusively for Executive Directors who have been in their positions three years or less that combines expert instruction and peer-learning to tackle issues around strong organizational leadership, financial sustainability, and mission impact alignment.
- Executive Director Fundamentals 2017 has occurred. Please email Rachel Swan to be placed on the notification list for a future session.
Looking for a workshop or other opportunity that has already occurred? Visit our Resources page to get information previously shared during learning opportunities.
OE Learning Opportunities are offered in the following formats:
- Webinars on a wide array of nonprofit topics.
- Half-day workshops featuring local and national experts.
- Learning communities, providing workshop follow-up for engaged participants.
- Communities of Practice, offering structured peer-to-peer learning focused on sharing best practices, addressing that which isn’t working, and creating opportunities for collaboration.
- Capacity coaching, offering individualized coaching for executive directors on issues such as board orientation and management, personnel problems, and other issues requiring confidentiality.
- Online resources, including articles and handouts from past and upcoming workshops and learning opportunities.