Norco Economic Development Foundation
To address social and economic issues at the local level in a manner that increases the capacity of the Norco community.
The Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF) was formed as a result of a five million dollar gift to the Norco community by Shell and Motiva. Its purpose is to maintain a community-based organization that supports the future community/economic development needs of Norco and St. Charles Parish.
To address social and economic issues at the local level in a manner that increases the capacity of the community. The NEDF provides leadership and vision in identifying community needs and in creating sustainable solutions to meet those needs.
The Fund will only consider grants for charitable purposes to nonprofit organizations that serve the Norco community and its residents. Grants can range from $10,000 to $50,000 and on rare occasion up to $100,000.
The goals of the NEDF are:
- Increased success and competitiveness of Norco-based business
- Increased prosperity and enhanced quality of life for all Norco residents
Funding will be considered based on the following priorities:
- Priority One – Small Business Development/New Job Creation: Support will be given for business development, i.e., training and technical assistance.
- Priority Two –Workforce Development/Training: Target needed programs that strengthen the local workforce.
- Priority Three – Quality of Life (i.e., Health, Land Use, Infrastructure, Senior Citizens): Expanding access to services and resources that enhance the quality of life for Norco residents.
- Priority Four – Youth Opportunity (i.e., Youth Participation/Youth Job Related Activities): Youth community involvement, youth-adult partnerships, youth leadership and youth empowerment activities all beneficially conspire to make young people participants in the life of the community rather than merely spectators or recipients of services.
Nonprofit organizations which wish to apply to this fund should submit their completed proposal (including supporting materials) via GNOF’s online portal. If your organization has already created a profile, simply log in with the same information and you will be able to apply to the Norco Economic Development Fund. If not, setting up a profile is a very easy process. Creating a profile will allow you to track the status of your grants from the Foundation’s various programs in the future as we bring more programs online.
Our technology partner, Foundant, has created a brief tutorial for applicants that may be viewed here. It is highly recommended that all applicants review this video before beginning a new application in order to better understand the process.
If a grant is awarded, the funded organization will be asked to submit both fiscal accounting and narrative reports on the use of its grant and the impact that the grant may have had on the community it serves. A site visit may also be requested during the grant period. Reports will be due one year from the award date and will be submit via the online portal.