Job Announcement: Development Officer
The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for 35 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership and action.
Our Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address organizational and community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a full range of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation seeks a resourceful, outgoing, motivated, and an effective communicator for the new role of Development Officer. The successful candidate will embrace forward-looking and collaborative approaches for attracting new and diverse donors and inspiring increased giving to the Greater New Orleans Foundation. The Development Officer will report to the Vice President for Donor Relations and will work with others to ensure effective donor engagement, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Strong track record of success in identifying and converting prospects into donors;
- Demonstrated success in building strong donor relationships and securing major gifts from individuals (including six figures and above);
- Ability to build strong relationships with people across a range of professions, incomes, ages, cultural backgrounds, and belief systems;
- Knowledge of best practices in development (i.e. annual giving, membership campaigns, major and planned gifts, donor advised funds and endowments) and strategies to build synergies across these areas;
- Demonstrated expertise in taking primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and completing them in a timely manner with limited supervision;
- Deep knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and actions, particularly in the area of growing an individual donor base;
- Experience establishing and/or growing an annual fundraising campaign or membership campaign;
- Knowledge of best practices in donor-centered messaging;
- Strong track record of growing and stewarding corporate and individual annual fund gifts;
- Ability to build moves management pipelines for donor cultivation and stewardship;
- Ability to hold sensitive information in the strictest confidence;
- High level of self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and exceed goals;
- Aptitude for conceiving and executing special events of various sizes;
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation communication skills.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience);
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in fundraising (with past cross-functional team experience preferred);
- Working knowledge of tax laws related to charitable contributions of cash, property, and securities (experience working with professional advisors on charitable giving preferred);
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and CRM systems;
- Background working with community foundations, member organizations, university annual giving programs, or similar fundraising environments.
Interested applicants should email or mail a hard copy of the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume;
- salary requirement
- three (3) references
To: Sandra Lilly
Greater New Orleans Foundation
919 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME: August 31st, 2018, or until position is filled.