The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership, and action. As a community foundation, our resources are comprised of charitable funds established by individuals, businesses, and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business, government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest challenges.
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse, and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high-quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Director of Finance as well as others within the finance team to support department-wide efforts and special initiatives of the Foundation. The successful candidate will possess a high level of accounting skills combined with an ability to remain flexible in the role. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Director of Finance.
Support the daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting and investment functions of the Foundation by performing the following functions:
- Reconcile pooled investment accounts monthly;
- Complete checking and investment reconciliations;
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statement close control procedures;
- Assist in maintaining the general ledger records, including preparing and entering journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual close;
- Prepare routine financial reports for grant funds as needed;
- Prepare financial analysis reports for gifts, grants, assets, and funds as needed;
- Assist in handling inquiries regarding funds and financial information;
- Assist other departments in providing information required to achieve departmental goals;
- Assist in preparing reports for annual audit and tax returns;
- Other duties as assigned by The Director of Finance;
- CPA strongly preferred;
- A minimum of five to seven years of overall experience, including two to three years in public accounting;
- Finance, accounting, budget, and general operations experience preferred;
- Comfort in both analytical and tactical accounting roles;
- Background working with non-profit organizations preferred;
- Experience executing process improvement efforts;
- Strong computer skills, including fluency with financial accounting systems and Microsoft Office products.
Interested applicants should email the following to email@example.com:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and
- three (3) references
Deadline to Submit Resume: June 26, 2020
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion, or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.