The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership and action. As a community foundation, our resources are comprised of charitable funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business, government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest challenges.
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation seeks a Communications Manager who will manage and lead a wide range of responsibilities across the Greater New Orleans Foundation’s day-to-day communications and public affairs functions. The position will support the implementation of internal and external communications strategies designed to build and foster awareness of the Foundation. The Communications Manager is thoughtful, collaborative, and creative and has a broad sets of skills that will allow for the creation and implementation of the Foundation’s overall communications efforts. The position will report directly to the Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs.
The successful candidate will:
- Create compelling and engaging communications content that inspires and connects users to the Foundation.
- As a storyteller, develop donor and grantee stories that build awareness of and familiarity with the Foundation, enhance the Foundation’s reputation, and inspire engagement by key audiences.
- Manage the Foundation’s website and social media channels
- Be responsible for day-to-day management and implementation of digital media strategies; create and publish a wide range of digital content, including photography and videos.
- Participate in Foundation cross-functional teams in planning initiatives, annual meetings, campaigns, and special events.
- Support external communications including the creation and design of email newsletters, print communications, and annual report.
- Support public relations activities, including the preparation of press releases, media advisories, and talking points, as well as participating in evening and weekend events.
- Provide research and analysis on key issues and initiatives.
- Because of the fluid and evolving nature of work at the Greater New Orleans Foundation, the Communications Manager may, from time to time, be asked to take on other assignments not covered in this position description (which is itself an evolving document). The Communications Manager is expected to demonstrate openness and flexibility when asked to take on these new assignments.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, journalism, marketing, graphic design or other related field.
- Three to five years of experience in communications and/or public affairs with proven leadership role in graphic/digital design, website content development, and in a variety of print communications including newsletters, marketing materials, video and other publications.
- Excellent writing/editing skills.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Mail Chimp, and all social media channels
- Preference for Graphic Design or video editing skills
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Highly collaborative style.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to be dependable, take initiative, solve problems effectively, communicate clearly and support organizational change.
- Proven ability to work with diverse communities, leaders, and staff.
Interested applicants should email the following to email@example.com
a cover letter
optional visual portfolio
three (3) references
After submission of documents, please complete this brief form.
Deadline to Submit Resume: September 10th, 2021
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.