Stand Up For Our Children
Stand Up For Our Children is a W.K. Kellogg Foundation-funded initiative to empower parents and families to advocate effectively on behalf of our region’s most vulnerable children and to collaborate to address systemic problems that impact children.
Through this program, the Foundation seeks to:
- Create a strong advocacy community for children zero to five with significant leadership participation by low-income parents and families.
- Increase the capacity and effectiveness of nonprofits working with parents, families and neighborhoods.
- Develop and implement a coordinated advocacy/policy agenda on behalf of young children in our region’s most marginalized communities.
Through its IMPACT program, the Foundation funds organizations that:
- Advance public education reform through strong school leadership and the implementation of rigorous teaching and learning that prepares New Orleans children for college and beyond.
- Advocate at the local and state levels for equitable policies regarding special education, school discipline, and diverse educational options that meet the needs of underserved students.
- Increase college matriculation, post-secondary training, and completion by encouraging students to explore options and supporting them through the enrollment process and beyond.
As in other program areas, the Foundation supports investments in organizational capacity-building among nonprofits working in the field of education.