Job Announcement: Special Assistant to the President and CEO
The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic and civic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for 35 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership and action.
Our Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address organizational and community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a full range of staff knowledge and talent.
The Foundation seeks a Special Assistant to the President and CEO. This is both an executive administrative level position that provides direct support to the President and CEO, especially around the CEO’s schedule to maximize time management, as well as a strategic one that works to enable the effectiveness of the President and CEO and the overall organization. This position also works closely with the senior leadership team and board of directors to assist in the development of work streams and the tracking of progress on strategic initiatives critical to the success of the organization. The Special Assistant to the President and CEO is also a thought partner and advisor.
- Provide senior level administrative support and manage day-to-day schedule and operations for the President and CEO;
- Facilitate a high level of access and communications between the President and CEO, board members, senior leadership and staff, and key stakeholders, recognizing the President and CEO is the organization’s principal relationship manager both internally and externally and that the nurturing of these relationships by the President and CEO as well as by the Special Assistant is mission critical;
- Lead, coordinate and manage meeting logistics on behalf of the President and CEO, from guest lists and RSVPs to securing locations, catering, materials, etc. and coordinating run-of-show;
- Support senior leadership in developing timelines and implementation schedules for projects;
- Support senior leadership in defining and communicating expected outcomes and timelines;
- Lead the effort to maintain disciplined procedures for tracking progress against priorities, particularly against the implementation of the Foundation’s strategic framework;
- Working with senior leadership, identify high priority topics for board input and draft agendas for board meetings;
- Support senior team in creating materials for board meetings;
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunities for the President and CEO to engage board on strategic issues and follow-up with board members between meetings as appropriate;
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunities for the President and CEO to engage with key fund holders, business and governmental leaders, foundation and corporate partners, and other stakeholders critical to the Foundation’s success;
- Assist in developing meeting agendas, defining objectives, and structuring content for weekly senior leadership meetings and monthly all-staff meetings and manage follow-up to key decisions;
- As assigned by the President and CEO, work with Foundation staff on an ad hoc basis to identify, problem-solve, and implement solutions to challenges at the operational level;
- Represent the President and CEO’s voice and agenda across the organization to move cross-functional projects forward;
- Work with senior leadership to secure materials in advance of internal and external meetings;
- Prepare materials, memos and presentations for stakeholders, staff and board as may be necessary;
- Serve as thought partner providing sound counsel on operational and strategic priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and interact with a broad range of stakeholders and staff with different interest and needs;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with leadership team and staff;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize high impact activities;
- Effective problem-solver, oftentimes in collaboration with others and under time pressures;
- Performs with a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential information with extraordinary discretion;
- Professional and positive attitude, ability and flexibility to maintain composure in a high-energy, fast-paced work environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years work experience (advanced level administrative support is helpful);
- Experience in working in a professional office environment;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and the ability to create clear and concise presentations for internal and external audience;
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and the ability to create documents, tables and analyze data;
- Experience with project management software platforms is helpful;
Interested applicants should email or mail a hard copy of the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume;
- salary requirement
- three (3) references
Greater New Orleans Foundation
919 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME: Please submit as soon as possible as interviews will begin and the position will be filled as soon as strong candidates have been identified.